Speech Science and Disorders
- Speech development
- Dr. Benjamin Munson conducts speech development research at Munson Lab as part of the Learning to Talk research program.
- Speech perception
- Dr. Yang Zhang has multiple research focuses at Zhang Lab, one of which is speech perception research.
- Dr. Evelyn Davies-Venn's research in the Sensory Aids and Perception Lab seeks to find behavioral and physiological factors that are responsible for variance in treatment outcomes for individuals with hearing loss.
- Dr. Jayanthi Sasisekaran directs the Speech Fluency Lab where her speech-related research focuses on stuttering.
Language Science and Disorders
- Child language
- Dr. Lizbeth Finestack directs the Child Language Intervention Lab where she focuses on child language research.
- Language acquisition
- Dr. Yang Zhang leads language acquisition research at Zhang Lab.
- Phonological Disorders
- Dr. Benjamin Munson studies phonological disorders at Munson Lab as part of the Learning to Talk research program.
- Phonological encoding and monitoring
- In addition to stuttering, Dr. Jayanthi Sasisekaran studies phonological encoding and monitoring in fluent and disfluent speakers, as well as dual task processing, at the Speech Fluency Lab.
- Pediatric Deglutition Disorders
- Dr. Katlyn McGrattan's line of work is focused on identification of the mechanisms underlying dysphagia among infants born prematurity, those with congenital heart defects, and those with and spinal muscular atrophy in the Consortium for Pediatric Aerodigestive Advancement (CPAA).
- Normal Feeding Development
- Within the in the Consortium for Pediatric Aerodigestive Advancement (CPAA) Dr. Katlyn McGrattan investigates the normal correlates of sucking and swallowing physiology and function among healthy non-dysphagic infants.
- Digital Aerodigestive Assessment
- Dr. Katlyn McGrattan has partnered with experts in medical device development, engineering, computer programming, and business administration to develop objective methods of feeding assessment that improve validity of dysphagia diagnostics and corresponding treatment in the Consortium for Pediatric Aerodigestive Advancement (CPAA).
Hearing Science and Disorders
- Cochlear implants and hearing aids
- Dr. Yang Zhang studies cochlear implants and hearing aids at Zhang Lab.
- Hearing loss
- As part of the Understanding Hearing Loss lab group, Dr. Peggy Nelson seeks to understand the experience of listeners with hearing loss in realistic environments and with sensory aids.
- Psychoacoustics and Audiology Diagnosis
- Dr. Bert Schlauch's research is to improve the precision of audiologic diagnostic tests and to understand the perceptual consequences of hearing loss. Learn more at the Schlauch Hearing Research Lab.
- Brain imaging and autism research
- On top of his research in speech, language, and hearing disorders, Dr. Yang Zhang does brain imaging and autism research at Zhang Lab.
- Sociolinguistic variation
- Along with his other Learning to Talk research projects, Dr. Benjamin Munson studies the acquisition and processing of socially meaningful linguistic variation with a focus on variation used to convey and perceive gender and sexuality.