National Dean Search
The University of Minnesota is conducting a national search for the next dean of the College of Liberal Arts. A search committee has been named by the executive vice president and provost. The University has engaged Russell Reynolds Associates, a national search firm, to assist the search committee in the recruitment and screening of candidates.
- Dec. 6, 10:00-10:45 a.m.
CLA Academic Department Staff
- Dec. 7, 10:45-11:30 a.m.
CLA Open Session (any CLA faculty, staff, student, external stakeholder)
- Dec. 7, 3:00-3:45 p.m.
CLA Tenured and Tenure-track Faculty – Social Science Corridor
- Dec. 8, 11:00-11:45 a.m.
CLA Central Administration Staff
- Dec. 8, 3:45 - 4:30 p.m.
CLA Tenured and Tenure-track Faculty – Arts and Humanities Corridor
- Dec. 12: 3:45-4:30 p.m.
CLA Students (Undergrads, Grads)
Information about how to attend a listening session will be provided soon. Can’t attend a virtual listening session? Email your your questions, comments, or suggestions about the position profile to email@example.com
- Michael Rodriguez, Dean, College of Education and Human Development—search committee chair
- Christine Baeumler, Professor and Chair, Department of Art
- Brenda Child, Northrop Professor, Departments of American Studies and American Indian Studies
- Jordan Dotson, Undergraduate Student, Class of 2024, Sociology of Law, Criminology, & Justice; CLA Student Board member
- Michael Gallope, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Cultural Studies and Comparative Literature
- Gayle Golden, Charnley Professor and Senior Lecturer, School of Journalism and Mass Communications
- Ronald Greene, Chair, CLA Assembly; Professor, Communication Studies
- Nicola Imbracsio, Assistant Dean of Curriculum
- Kara Kersteter, Chief of Staff, Department of Economics
- Carmen Kurdziel, Associate Director for Student Support and Transitions
- Robert McMaster, Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education; Professor of Geography
- Mandy Menke, Associate Professor of Hispanic Linguistics, Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies
- Herman Milligan, Alum; Chair, Givens Family Foundation and artist
- Kathryn Pearson, Associate Professor, University Distinguished Teaching Professor, Political Science
- Elizabeth Quillen, Graduate Student, History
- Alex Rothman, Distinguished University Teaching Professor, Department of Psychology
- Jasmine Kar Tang, Co-Director, Center for Writing and Minnesota Writing Project