Graduate Career Services
○ Career Advice for a COVID19 world, Inside Higher Ed
○ Request a Virtual Graduate Career Consultation
The CLA Office of Research and Graduate Programs offers comprehensive career services for graduate students and graduate program alumni. As graduate students consider what they would like to do after their program, the CLA Graduate Career Services Director provides confidential services including:
- One-on-one career advising
- Effective job search strategies
- Interview techniques and mock-interviews
- LinkedIn profile creation and enhancement
- Academic and nonacademic career exploration
- Resume, curriculum vitae, and cover letter development
- Assistance with identifying and developing relationships with faculty, professional organizations, student groups, and employer
For departments and student groups, we offer customizable workshops that can be either stand-alone or a part of courses or seminars. Workshops can address any of the above topics. Workshops are usually 50-90 minutes in length. Contact Mackenzie Sullivan, CLA Graduate Career Services Director, to arrange a workshop.
- CLA Graduate Lighthouse Newsletter
Sign up to receive a newsletter published quarterly with graduate student-focused career planning, support services and events.
- Student Event Calendar
View a list of upcoming events open to CLA Graduate Students including career fairs, festivals, lecturers, research discussions and donut hour.
- Career Opportunity Announcements
Join the CLA Google Group to receive real-time updates regarding employment opportunities, career fair listings, and more.
Graduate Career Resources
Career Readiness Guide
A general guide for career readiness, job searches, personal branding and more.
Center for Writing
The center offers free online writing consultations for all University of Minnesota students, including reviews of job application materials.
- Graduate School Academic & Professional Development
The Graduate School offers a variety of seminars and events dedicated to professional development.
A career exploration and planning tool for the humanities and social sciences.
International Student and Scholar Services
An inclusive and engaged international learning community.
A resource for students to conduct online mock interviews and to access a library of interviewing resources.
An online learning platform to help develop personal and professional skills including project management, user experience design, PowerPoint, Excel and much more. Log in using your U of M.
Maroon and Gold Network
Provide purposeful career-related connections and advice for students, alumni and the University of Minnesota community. Brought to you by the University of Minnesota Alumni Association.
UMN Career Services
Resources for career planning, diverse populations and international students.