Graduate Career Services
The CLA Office of Research and Graduate Programs offers comprehensive career services for graduate students and graduate program alumni. As graduate students consider what they would like to do after their program, the CLA Graduate Career Services Director provides confidential services including:
- One-on-one career advising
- Interview techniques and mock-interviews
- Interviews and on-campus visit preparation
- LinkedIn profile creation and enhancement
- Academic and nonacademic career exploration
- Resume, curriculum vitae, and cover letter development
- Strategy development for short- and long-term career and job-seeking strategies
- Assistance with identifying and developing relationships with faculty, professional organizations, student groups, and employers
CLA Graduate Career Resources
A career exploration and planning tool for the humanities and social sciences.
International Student and Scholar Services
An inclusive and engaged international learning community.
UMN Career Services
Resources for career planning, diverse populations and international students.
Career Readiness Guide
A general guide for career readiness, job searches, personal branding and more.
UMN Career Resources
- Graduate School Academic & Professional Development
The Graduate School offers a variety of seminars and events dedicated to professional development.
- Graduate & Professional Advising
The University offers advising tailored to graduate students’ unique needs such as difficult conversations, conflict resolution, teaching and research assistance, and health and well-being.
The University offers a central job posting website for internal and external positions.
- Center for Writing
The center offers free online writing consultations for all University of Minnesota students at all stages of the writing process.