Graduate Student Career Services
The CLA Office of Research and Graduate Programs offers comprehensive career services for PhD and Master's degree-seeking students and graduate alumni in the humanities and social sciences. As graduate students consider what they would like to do after their program, CLA Graduate Student Career Services provides confidential services including:
- One-on-one graduate student career advising
- Help with exploring career options and fit
- Effective job search strategies
- LinkedIn profile creation and enhancement
- Resume, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, diversity statement, and cover letter development
- Interview techniques and mock-interviews
- Assistance with identifying and developing relationships with faculty, professional organizations, student groups, and employers
- Real-time updates regarding employment opportunities, career fair listings, and more through the Career Opportunity Announcements.
- Graduate student-focused career planning, support services and events through the quarterly CLA Graduate Lighthouse Newsletter
For departments and graduate student groups, we offer customizable workshops that can be either stand-alone or a part of courses or seminars. Workshops can address any of the above topics. Workshops are usually 50-90 minutes in length. Contact Mackenzie Sullivan, CLA Graduate Career Services Director, to arrange a workshop.
Request an Appointment
Career Services for CLA Undergraduate Students
The College of Liberal Arts has an office dedicated to supporting CLA undergraduate students through individual counseling, event programming, resource building, and more.