How to Apply for the Dakota Language Teaching Certificate
1. Apply for Departmental Approval
Submit the DakotaIapi Unspewicakiyapi Teaching Certificate Application and all supplemental application materials to: Brittany Anderson, Department of American Indian Studies, 19 Scott Hall, 72 Pleasant St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
Supplemental application materials:
- Your unofficial transcripts from all postsecondary institutions you have attended.
- Your typed 300-400 word goal statement describing how the coursework in this certificate program fits into your education and/or career goals.
2. Apply for Undergraduate Certificate Admission
After you receive departmental approval, complete the Application for Undergraduate Certificate Admission. There is no application fee for currently admitted University of Minnesota or College of Continuing Education (CCE) students. Non-degree seeking students must attach a check or money order payable to the University of Minnesota for the $35 non-refundable fee. Follow all directions in the application packet to apply for undergraduate certificate admission.
- Submit application form (and application fee, if applicable).
- Order official transcripts (all colleges/universities, or high school and GED test scores, if applicable).