Part-time Lecturer Pool
Check back in the summer/fall of 2023 for more information about applying to our lecturer pool.
Assistant Professor of Printmaking and Drawing with Digital Emphasis
The Department of Art in the College of Liberal Arts invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Printmaking and Drawing (with Digital Emphasis) to begin fall semester 2023 (08/28/2023).
For more details and to apply, visit the University of Minnesota's Find a Job site and search for Job ID 352732.
To be guaranteed review, completed applications must be received by January 08, 2023.
Student Work-Study Opportunities
The Department of Art offers several student work-study opportunities. Student employees work 5 - 10 hours per week, those with work-study as part of their financial aid are given hiring priority. Each position has additional qualifications and experience requirements, please contact staff as noted below for specific details.
- Gallery Attendants learn about the work of professional art galleries.
- The Nash Gallery hours are Tuesday-Saturday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm.
- Contact Howard Oransky email@example.com
- Peer Advisors talk with students about Art degrees and learn about general office support (must be an Art major).
- Main Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm.
- Contact Patricia Straub firstname.lastname@example.org or Regina Hopingardner email@example.com
- Ceramic Assistant Technician learn more about mixing glazes, stocking glaze and clay materials, and maintaining a healthy and safe studio environment within the ceramics area.
- Hours are determined by the student's schedule.
- Contact Kimberlee Joy Roth firstname.lastname@example.org
- DSB Workers learn more about digital imaging and printing.
- Hours are usually Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-9:00 pm, Friday 10:00 am-5:00 pm, and Saturday 10:00 am-3:00 pm.
- Contact Caroline Houdek Solomon email@example.com
- Photo Crib Attendants learn more about video production and film equipment.
- Hours are usually Monday-Thursday 9:00 am-10:00 pm, Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm, and Saturday 10:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Contact Karen Haselmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tool Crib Workers learn more about sculpture and ceramics tools and equipment.
- Hours are usually Monday-Thursday 9:00 am-10:00 pm, Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm, and Saturday 10:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Contact Paul Linden email@example.com
- XYZ Workers learn more about 3D Digital Fabrication.
- Hours vary.
- Contact Robin Schwartzman firstname.lastname@example.org
- eStudio undergraduate researcher assistants learn more about Creative Technologies that connect the Digital and Material worlds and develop your creative problem solving skills while working with your peers to realize their ideas.
- Hours vary.
- Contact Diane Willow email@example.com
Generally, these areas seek new student workers in August and in December/January.