Return to Regis COVID-19 Updates
The Department of Art is following University of Minnesota COVID-19 Safety Protocols. While we are eager to welcome students back to the Regis Center for Art, we will only do so based on Safe Campus parameters and University of Minnesota guidance.
UPDATED January: Protocols will be similar for Spring semester as they were in the Fall pending any changes announced by the University. Check back for updates.
COVID-19: General UMN Guidance:
- If you’re sick, have symptoms or have been exposed, stay home and alert your instructor
- Masks/face coverings are required in all UMN buildings: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/face-coverings
- Stay 6-feet apart
- Wash your hands frequently
More COVID-19 guidance for students: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/information/twin-cities-student-information
College of Liberal Arts Neighborhood has additional information: https://neighborhood.cla.umn.edu/covid-19
Regis Center Specific Guidance Spring 2021:
- The Regis Center is restricted to UMN students, faculty and staff. You need an active UCard to enter.
- Beginning Tuesday, JAN 19 - Building Hours: Monday - Saturday 8 AM - 9 PM | Sunday closed | Holidays closed
Graduate students, faculty, and staff have 24/7 access to Regis.
- Most classes will meet virtually for at least the first session. If you have class in-person in Regis, your instructor will let you know classroom procedures. Many classes will be split into two rooms, and you will need to get your room assignment from your instructor before coming to class.
- Each area will have protocols for using and cleaning which will be covered in your classes. In general, keep a 6-foot distance from others while using any spaces, and sanitize equipment and tools before and after use.
- Elevators should be used by one person at a time.
- No lab, shop or studio use while classes are meeting in those spaces.
Facilities & Resource Hours:
East Tool Crib / Wood Shop:
Monday - Thursday: Monday - Thursday: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Friday - Sunday: Closed
To ensure the safety of students, staff, and faculty, the darkroom is closed. Course exceptions apply, please contact your instructor for details.
Equipment Check-out (W139):
Equipment Check-out provides video and audio production equipment, drawing tablets and DSLR cameras for students currently enrolled in Department of Art classes. We also sell drawing paper, film and printmaking supplies.
Checkout hours: Monday - Thursday: 11:30 AM - 6 PM | Fridays 11:00 AM - 3 PM
Students currently taking classes in the Dept. of Art may reserve equipment using online or via phone:
- Web form: Reserve Equipment Online
- Call: 612-625-9532
XYZ Lab (E125):
The XYZ Lab is located in Regis East (E125) and houses a CNC router, two laser cutters, two 3D printers and a ceramic decal printer. Due to COVID-19 and to ensure safety of students and staff, this spring the XYZ Lab will operate as a service bureau, serving only students, faculty and staff within the Department of Art. Students will submit files at xyzlab.umn.edu/file-submission and staff will create them with options for contactless pickup or shipping. Please allow 24-72 hours (M-F) for parts to be made.
Those wishing to have parts created will electronically submit their files and other pertinent info via Google Forms. Please visit the File Submission menu to send us your files. Contact Robin Schwartzman with any questions.
Digital Service Bureau for Learning (W138):
The Digital Service Bureau for Learning (DSB) is located in Regis West (W138) and offers large and small format Epson printers. Due to COVID-19, to ensure safety of students and staff, students will not be printing their own work, but rather ordering prints that staff will print for them. Students must be registered in an ARTS class for this service. Please fill out the DSB Remote Order Form to order your prints.
The eStudio is located in Regis West W206. It is an interdisciplinary and collaborative art studio open to all University of Minnesota students. For more information about the eStudio visit our blog or contact email@example.com to learn about eStudio facilities and schedule updates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or requests.
The Nash gallery is available by appointment only. https://cla.umn.edu/art/galleries/katherine-e-nash-gallery
Last updated 1/19/21
Hours & restrictions are subject to change.