Resources for Employers
The Employer Engagement Team has transitioned recruiting and engagement events to a virtual environment. We are ready to help employers and alumni explore creative ways to connect with CLA students. Additionally, if your organization has helpful information or resources for our students, let us know.
Recruiting and Engagement Resources
- Post Opportunities: Post all employment opportunities on Handshake, and update existing postings to reflect any recent changes, such as working remotely. Our staff directs students to search for the words ‘remote’ or ‘virtual’ to identify opportunities they can complete in these ways. Let us know when you’ve posted your opportunities and we can share those through various communication channels that reach CLA students.
- Interviews: You can still use Handshake to schedule virtual interviews with students through the ‘Interviews’ section. Simply provide a link to the virtual location of the interview. Please keep in mind students will have varying levels of access to technology and environments for interviewing — so patience and flexibility is encouraged.
- Create Virtual Content: Consider creating virtual content such as webinars, workshops, site visits, interviews or other events that students can view on their own time. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss ideas and strategies.
- Within Handshake, update the format of your events to indicate webinar, phone, etc. and select “Virtual” for the event type. Provide the URL in the designated space or if you prefer to provide the URL to only those students who RSVP, type “Virtual” as your event location, and send the access information to the list of registered students.
- Offer Virtual Experiences:
- Remote Internships — Remote internships can provide meaningful learning opportunities for students. Consult our guide, Remote Internships: Tips for Success.
- Micro Experiences — Often called Micro-Internships, these are short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns. Unlike traditional internships, Micro-Internships can take place anytime, typically range from 5 to 40 hours of work, and are completed anywhere from one week to one month. Find more information or post a project here.
- How CLA alumni can help: As a CLA alum, you have a valuable perspective to offer current students always, and especially during this time.
- Share Your Story! Sharing advice and insights with students during this uncertain and changing time is a great way to support students while continuing to build your brand. Complete this brief form to be featured in CLA Career Services communications.
- Visit our How to Connect with CLA Students page to learn about ways to build your visibility and recruit successfully in CLA.