Statement and Resources for Students
We have many members of our department as well as many of our students who have been impacted by the violent death of George Floyd. The property damage that occurred, arson and vandalism, have affected the neighboring communities in Minneapolis and St. Paul. In an effort to support our students, staff, and faculty as our community rebuilds and heals, we would like to share resources for those who need assistance.
The StarTribune is keeping an updated list of local resources for those impacted by the riots and those who wish to offer help.
Mental Health Resources
- University of Minnesota Student Mental Health
- Student Counseling Services
- Boynton Mental Health
- International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Counseling (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment with a counselor).
- Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
- The University Crisis Line is available 24 hours a day (612-301-4673) or text "UMN" to 61222
Physical Health Resources
- Boynton Health Service
- Boynton COVID-19 Clinic
- Boynton Health Nurseline (questions about health concerns): 612-625-7900
- Free Clinics Directory, Saint Paul: https://www.freeclinics.com/cit/mn-saint_paul
- Free Clinics Directory, Ramsey County: https://www.freeclinics.com/co/mn-ramsey
- Free Clinics Directory, Hennepin County: https://www.freeclinics.com/co/mn-hennepin
- Free Clinics Directory, Minneapolis: https://www.freeclinics.com/cit/mn-minneapolis
Groceries and Food
- Nutritious U Food Pantry
- Twin Cities Aid Distribution Locations: This is a live, updated map of food and personal care aid distribution centers.
- Minnesota-wide food resources: https://www.hungersolutions.org/find-help/ Phone: 1-800-711-1151
- Live Twin Cities Metro Map of open grocery stores
- Red Cross Virtual Family Assistance Center
- Onestop.umn.edu (email email@example.com to request student emergency funds)
- Apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Department of Education Federal Aid Info:
Safety, Justice, and Legal Services