Rental Information for Pillsbury Hall
The English department's Pillsbury Hall spaces are available for rental based on availability. The rooms include the fourth-floor attic (412) event space and four seminar and conference rooms. University classrooms in Pillsbury are reserved through the Office of Classroom Mangement's Astra Schedule.
English's Pillsbury Hall spaces are available to rent by University units and by non-University entities. A non-University entity is one not covered by University insurance, that is, an entity that is not a current student, current employee, or an organization of the University. A non-University organization of which a current student or current employee is a leader or member of is considered a non-University entity.
Use of University facilities by a non-University entity requires a Facilities Use Agreement and liability insurance. Use of Pillsbury facilities by University units requires a Department of English Pillsbury Hall Facilities Use Agreement. Official Department of English activities always take priority and may override other facility reservations with no prior notice, except in the instance where a signed Facility Use Agreement is in use.
Rental Fee Structure
Room Rental Rates
Weekend and evening renters must pay to rent the space for a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Attic/room 412 and atrium
Non-University Entity Rate: $100/hour
University Rate: $70/hour
Seminar or conference room
Non-University Entity Rate: $50/hour
University Rate: $30/hour
Event Manager: $22.50/hour
An Event Manager may be required for attic/room 412 rentals, depending on event format and time/day; an Event Manager is required for all weekend and evening rentals. Information will be provided with initial estimate.
Event Set-up and Re-set
$75 before and after event for any change to standard classroom seating.
Weekend Cleaning Fee
All events held on weekends will be charged $282 each day.
Additional Expenses and Fees
Insurance: Non-University entities must provide proof of liability policy covering the event.
Food and Beverage
Any food for an event must be cleared through the Event Coordinator, including outside catering, prepackaged food, and U of M food service. An approved University Food Permit may also be required, according to University policy. Failure to clean up food after an event will result in a $75/hr cleaning fee.
Planning for alcohol at an event must be cleared through the Event Coordinator. If alcohol is to be served, an alcohol permit, found at the U-Wide Forms Library, must be completed and approved by the University's Office of Risk Management. All University policies and all local and state laws related to the use of alcohol must be observed.
- Inquires about room availability should be emailed to English Event Coordinator Terri Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the space is available, the English Events Coordinator will generate a quote based on the rental rates listed above.
- If the rates are acceptable, the Events Coordinator will put a hold on the space. To confirm a room reservation, English must receive a signed Facilities Use Agreement and proof of appropriate insurance. If another non-Department renter challenges a hold before English receives a signed FUA and proof of insurance, the hold entity will be notified and given the right of first refusal, which will require a deposit and contract within ten business days.
Facility Use Policy
- Board of Regents Policy on Property and Facility Use
- Facility Use Agreement: University as Landlord
- Use and Lease of University Real Estate by Non-University Entities
- Use of University Real Estate for Co-Sponsored Events
- Use and Lease of University Real Estate (Permissible Uses and Scheduling Priority)
- Outside Consulting and Other Commitments