Transfer to CLA
CLA Transfer Advisors
CLA Transfer Advising is ready
to serve students virtually!
Schedule a Virtual Appointment
(Zoom or Phone)
CLA Transfer Advisors have two types of
appointments available for prospective CLA
Mini Appointments (20 minutes) are
designed to be your first contact with a
CLA Transfer Advisor to focus on how
to start planning your transfer.
Mini appointments can be scheduled online.
Full Appointments (45 minutes) are
designed to help with developing your
transfer plan to CLA.
Full appointments can be scheduled by
emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling
Have a question about your admission?
Contact the Office of Admissions
Have you been recently admitted to CLA?
Congratulations! If you have questions,
please visit the Transfer Student
Returning to CLA after an absence?
Contact CLA Student Services
Interested in transfer scholarships?
Visit Scholarships for Transfer Students
We are excited that you are considering a transfer to the College of Liberal Arts (CLA)!
The College of Liberal Arts is the largest college at the University of Minnesota with 60+ majors. Our students participate in undergraduate research, study abroad, complete internships and participate in a variety of activities both in and out of the classroom to create an in-depth and well-rounded educational experience that is uniquely theirs. The knowledge and career competencies that you gain throughout your time in CLA will prepare you to be flexible, adaptable and innovative. Our students develop leadership, communication and critical thinking skills that prepare them for jobs today and for the jobs of the future.
Transferring to CLA may be something you have been planning for years or you may have come to the decision to attend more recently. Whatever your situation, now is the time to start planning! With a wide range of majors and unique opportunities, you will have a number of decisions to make. Being able to reach some decisions before you actually transfer will help you make the most of your time in CLA. It is never to early to begin the degree planning process!
Who is a transfer student?
- You are considered a transfer student if you are a high school graduate and registered or enrolled at a college, university, or any other school after graduating from high school.
- You are also a transfer student if you are coming from another University of Minnesota campus (like Duluth) or another University of Minnesota college (like the College of Education and Human Development)
- If you are a high school student and are enrolled in PSEO, College in the Schools, or have earned AP or IB credit, you are still considered a freshman.
CLA Transfer Advisors
Transfer students are a vital part of the College of Liberal Arts and the Transfer Advising team is here to assist you as you think about transferring to the U of M.
We can help if you have questions about:
- Finding the right fit in CLA
- Course planning prior to transferring to earn a CLA degree
- CLA degree requirements
- CLA majors & minors
- Involvement opportunities
- Estimated time to complete a CLA degree