For more information on ways
to give, contact:
Office of Institutional Advancement
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
For other giving options, visit
the U of M Foundation.
Connecting with the World
Your tax-deductible contribution helps our students connect with the world through language, literature, and culture. It provides them with encouragement and vital financial support. It gives our faculty resources for expanding knowledge and understanding. It helps to build and sustain a distinguished reputation for the department.
What Your Gift Can Do
Gifts and donations have allowed us to establish scholarships for students to study abroad as well as provide awards and prizes to outstanding undergraduate students, organize lectures, and recruit the best graduate students applying to our doctoral programs. By contributing to the Department of German, Nordic, Slavic & Dutch, you will have a positive impact on the educational experience of our undergraduate and graduate students.
Robust support for teaching and research will help us:
- Recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
- Maintain the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate program.
- Attract and support a diverse and talented student body.
Choose a Fund
- German Program Fund
- Russian Program Fund
- Scandinavian Scholarship Fund: This fund supports students who study Scandinavian languages in the Department of German, Nordic, Slavic & Dutch by providing scholarships, study abroad opportunities, and other types of student financial support.
- Gerhard Weiss Fellowship In German Studies: This fellowship is awarded to an outstanding graduate student working in the Department of German, Nordic, Slavic & Dutch at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
- Frank D. Hirschbach Study Abroad Scholarship Fund: This fund assists undergraduate students in the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities with expenses for study abroad programs.