Walk-in Multimedia Lab
The Language Center Multimedia Lab is open Monday through Friday, day and evening for students' use. The lab has both Windows and Mac computers. Printing from lab computers or from a personal laptop is available through the Pharos printing station. Students can use small room 135B for group projects, recording sessions with a digital audio recorder, or for participating in language courses through the BTAA CourseShare program.
- Two lounge areas in which to relax, work, study, read, or watch multilingual video programming
- A "bar" where laptop and tablet users can work, charge their computers, and print directly to the Lab's laser printer
- Six-sided worktables ideal for group work with Windows and Mac computers
- Headsets with microphones and webcams installed at each computer to facilitate audio and video activities
- A handicapped accessible desk, adjusts at the push of a button to a standing desk
- A sound treated, reservable conference room for collaborating. Ideal for a group of 3-7 students working together, viewing video, or participating in CourseShare classes
Note: Students taking their Oral Proficiency Interviews can enter the Testing Office 137A, through the Multimedia Lab, 135.
Multimedia Lab Hours
|Time Period||Hours of Operation|
|Fall Semester||Monday - Thursday: 7:45 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 7:45 am - 4:00 pm
|Spring Semester||Monday - Thursday: 7:45 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 7:45 am - 4:00 pm
|Summer Session General||Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|End of Summer Session||Closed|
Printing is available at a cost of ten cents per page, either single or double-sided. Payment is through the Gopher Gold system. Students can add value to their U cards by using a Value Port. Color printing is not available.
Print from Your Laptop
Download installers and instructions to enable you to print from your own laptop to an LC printer. Available for Windows or Mac computers.
- Installer & Instructions for Mac OSX (10.13.x through 11.x)
- Installer & Instructions for for Windows (7, 8, 8.1 or 10)
Multimedia Lab Software
Student lab attendants are always on hand for students who need assistance.
For a complete list of installed software for both Mac and Windows computers view software installed in the MM Lab.
Two lounge areas provide viewing on a large screen, comfortable seating, and wireless headsets for private listening. Students can request to view DVDs, TV streams, or online videos for classes or personal enrichment.
- PAL or NTSC DVDs from any zone.
- International news and programming from the web. See Schedule.
- Student requests (video streams, international sporting events, films for class, etc.)