Helpful Resources and Writing Links
Language Level Syllabi
Help with Grammar in Spanish
- El uso de por y para–A downloadable handout with a brief review of use of "por" and "para"
- Rules of editing–A helpful worksheet with some simple grammar tips you may have forgotten
Help with Aspects of Writing Style
- Research and Documentation online by Diana Hacker, how to cite sources in MLA, APA, Chicago style , and CSE with emphasis on electronic sources.
- The OWL at Purdue.
Other U of M Resources for Improving Writing Skills
Other Worksheets to Help with Writing in Spanish
- Useful words for papers List of useful words for writing a paper in Spanish. Vocabulary for introductions, transition and connecting words, vocabulary for quoting sources, etc. (Spanish with English translation).
- Checklist: Content and Organization A checklist for revising papers to make sure the content of your paper is relevant and your ideas are well organized (in English).
- Examples of proper MLA format
- Writing Thesis Statements
- Writing on a literary topic
- Making Accents on the Computer
Resources for 3xxx Level Classes
- Revisiones de las composiciones – A 2 page checklist for students. Helpful to use with peer-editing.
- Considerations for Grading Compositions – A student checklist for reviewing papers before handing them in.
- How to evaluate Student Writing – An excellent guide tailored by the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Writing.
- Composition Diagnostic Guide – This guide will be of use to instructors when a student comes and asks: "How's my paper?"
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms – Two forms to help students set goals and evaluate progress throughout the term.
- Hoja de remission – Please use this referral sheet when sending your students into the Writing Center.
- Writing Assignments – An Introduction to Literary Studies – A thorough step by step guide for students writing on a literary topic. Developed by Robin Brown.
- Mosén Millán Online – Webpage created for Furman University's Spanish 22 class. A very informative site with visual descriptions, historical and geographical background, including information on the Spanish Civil War. Scroll to section on "Novela."