to give, contact:
Office of Institutional Advancement
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Read the case statement for the
Department of Writing Studies
You Make Us Great
Your tax-deductible contribution provides our students with encouragement and vital financial support. It gives our faculty resources for enlarging knowledge and understanding. It helps to build and sustain a distinguished reputation for the department.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- A distinguished faculty: creating endowed chairs and professorships and supporting interdisciplinary research centers and programs will help us recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
- Excellence and competitiveness of our graduate program: faculty choose institutions that attract the best graduate students. We need to ensure the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate programs so that we may compete for the best faculty and brightest students.
- A diverse and engaged undergraduate student body: although we are attracting better students than ever before, too many other outstanding students choose other institutions—often for financial reasons. Merit and need-based scholarships are needed to recruit many outstanding students.
Choose a Fund
There are a number of ways your gift can help support graduate and undergraduate students—the next generation of leaders and thinkers—in the Department of Writing Studies:
- Writing Studies General Fund
This fund supports student and faculty programs in the Department of Writing Studies at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities.
- Victoria Mikelonis Undergraduate Memorial Fund
This fund, named for a faculty member who taught in the former Department of Rhetoric from 1980 until her death in 2007, supports exceptional students in the technical writing & communication program in the Department of Writing Studies.