Please email to schedule an appointment.
Students in our fully online certificate, MS, and professional minor programs apply research-driven approaches to create and adapt content to solve complex problems in technical communication workplaces. Students connect with workplace professionals through client projects, virtual and global teamwork, mentorships, and emerging technologies. These experiences enable students to develop unique strengths in digital, usability, and science/health/medical communication.
As part of these experience-driven programs, students do the following:
- Understand the history, professionalism, and discourse of the field, including the ability to apply rhetorical theory/principles to scientific and technical communication;
- Visualize, write, design, and manage content for multiple media and contexts;
- Lead local/virtual/global teams in the design, development, and evaluation of scientific and technical communication;
- Plan and conduct research to meet user and strategic work needs;
- Construct and foster connected, collaborative, interactive environments; and
- Apply technical communication research to a specific industry (e.g., health, technology, usability, public policy, education).
We invite you to learn more about our programs and the opportunities the Department of Writing Studies provides our professional students. Please reach out with any questions you may have.