Office: 215 Folwell Hall
Maryanne Williams Smoczyk
215 Folwell Hall
Span215 Folwell Hall
Spanish and Portuguese Studies Study Abroad Panel
Friday, October 26th
1:00 p.m.-2:15 p.m.
140 Nolte Center
Hear from students who studied in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, and Spain. Meet representatives from the Learning Abroad Center and academic advisors from the Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies.
Drop-in Hours for the week of October 15th
Monday, October 15th: 8:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
Tuesday, October 16th: 2:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m. with peer advisor
Wednesday, October 17th: 12:45 p.m.-3:15 p.m.
Thursday, October 18th: 1:15 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Friday, October 19th: 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. with peer advisor
- Have a pre-registration hold removed
- Pick up or drop off Faculty/Student Contracts for courses taken outside the department
- Register for SPAN3972W–Graduation Seminar
- Complete an equivalency petition form for sponsored study abroad programs (Toledo, Mérida, MSID Ecuador, Argentina, Mexico)
- Drop off petition materials from outside study abroad programs
- Pick up approved materials from outside study abroad programs
What can I do during an appointment?
- Discuss major/minor progress
- Study abroad planning
- Review graduation planning for Spanish studies major, Spanish-Portuguese studies major, Portuguese studies minor or Spanish studies minor
- Declare a Spanish studies major or Spanish-Portuguese studies major after reviewing the Online Major Module
Majors are required—and minors are encouraged—to meet with a departmental academic advisor at least once a year. Once a year, majors in our department receive a registration hold. To have the hold removed, majors must meet with the advising staff.
Make an Appointment
If you need to make an appointment with an advisor, you can sign up on the appointment calendar. We understand that our students are busy and that appointments need to be cancelled or rescheduled at times, but we request that you respect our time and the time of all our majors and minors. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please let us know with as much notice as possible, that way another student can schedule an appointment to meet with us during that time.