MS students have the option to complete an internship as part of their program, in lieu of an elective, to be determined in consultation with the student’s advisor.
Academic Skill Areas for Scientific & Technical Communication Internships:
- Writing and editing
- Conducting research in science, technology, or legal issues and public policy
- Working on computer applications, websites, graphics, and visual presentations
- Participating in organizational or intercultural communication strategies
- Participating in information design and project management
- Developing communication materials for government, education, business, scientific and technical fields, or other related fields
Current students may refer to the MS/Certificate Graduate Student Handbook (opens Google document) for additional information about pursuing an internship.