Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D.: Sociology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2016.
- M.A.: Sociology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2011.
- B.A.: Sociology and Health Science Society & Policy, magna cum laude, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, 2008.
- Medical Sociology
- Mental Health and Illness
- Health Disparities
- Work and Occupations
Research & Professional Activities
- Organizational change in healthcare environments and the healthcare system:
- The status, well-being, and daily work experience of medical professionals:
- The relationship between development, health lifestyles, and health outcomes:
- "Occupational Variation in Burnout Among Medical Staff: Evidence for the Stress of Higher Status," with Matthew K. Grace. 2019. Social Science and Medicine 232:199-208.
- "Isolation or Interaction: Healthcare Provider Experience of Design Change." 2019. Sociology of Health and Illness 41(4):692-708.
- "The (Economic) Development of Healthy Eating Habits: Gender, Nutrition, and Health Outcomes in 31 Countries," with Tom VanHeuvelen. 2019. Sociology of Development 5(1):91-113.
- "Rich Foods: The Cross-National Effects of Healthy Eating on Health Outcomes," with Tom VanHeuvelen. 2017. Advances in Medical Sociology 18:27-58.
- "Ties Received, Support Perceived: A Test of the Theorized Relationships among Workplace Networks, Social Support, and Mental Health in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)," with Matthew K. Grace. 2015. Society and Mental Health 5(2):106–127.
- "The Perceived Benefits of a Preparing Future Faculty Program and its Effect on Job Satisfaction, Confidence, and Competence," with Emily Wurgler, Shawna Rohman, Annalise Loehr, and Matthew K. Grace. 2014. Teaching Sociology 42(1):50-60.