Professional Development for Educators
The Institute for Global Studies provides professional development opportunities for K-16 teachers on global and international topics. We are dedicated to the teaching of international studies and increasing global literacy in students.
The Institute for Global Studies professional development for educators addresses the following global competencies (as defined by the United States Department of Education) that students gain through disciplinary and interdisciplinary studies:
- Students investigate the world beyond their immediate environment.
- Students recognize their own and others' perspectives.
- Students translate their ideas into appropriate actions to improve conditions.
- Students communicate their ideas effectively with diverse audiences.
The Institute for Global Studies is dedicated to working with educators, school districts, and area learning centers to customize professional development on global topics.
For more information about any of the professional development programs, including customized professional development, contact us by phone at 612-624-9007 or email Deborah Jane at email@example.com.
For more ways to stay up-to-date:
- Join our mailing list to receive email notifications of professional development opportunities for educators.
- Check out all the Title VI National Resource Centers shared calendar.
- Connect with us on our Facebook page.
- Sign up for all Institute for Global Studies professional development programs by searching GLOS under course tab.