Book Clubs for K-12 Educators
Global Nonfiction Book Club for K-12 Educators
Date: October 15, November 19, December 17
Time: 5:30–7:30 p.m.
Place: 614 Social Sciences, West Bank UMN
Cost: $75 (includes parking vouchers, dinner and a copy of all books.)
Registration deadline: October 1, 2019
Join us and some University of Minnesota guest speakers in a lively discussion about award winning nonfiction books and how to use them, or excerpts of them, in your classroom, as well as how to use them to teach about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
. Books include
- The Best We Could Do , by Thi Bui
- When Everything was Everything, by Saymoukda Vongsay who will also be leading the discussion for this October session
- Puerto Rico Strong, A Comic Anthology Supporting Puerto Rico Disaster Relief and Recovery
- Field Notes from a Catastrophe, Man Nature and Climate Change by Elizabeth Kolbert
- Girl Rising, Changing the World One Girl at a Time, by Tanya Lee Stone