Each fall, the School of Music awards a number of scholarships to incoming undergraduate students of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Music (performance, music education, music therapy)
- Bachelor of Arts with applied emphasis
A student's application for admission to the School of Music for these programs is also their application for music scholarships. For maximum scholarship and admission consideration, we encourage all applicants to complete their application to the School of Music by the music application deadline. Scholarships from the School of Music may be combined with scholarship offers from other areas of the University.
Students who wish to ensure they are considered for scholarships from other areas of the University should...
- Apply for priority consideration for university-level scholarships and admission by completing the application to the University of Minnesota by the priority deadline of November 1st. Applications received after the priority deadline until the final deadline will be considered on a space-available and funds-available basis.
- Complete the FAFSA by February 1. The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the code for the University of Minnesota is code 003969. Students who do not complete the FAFSA by February 1st cannot be considered for a wide range of awards.
- International freshmen and international transfer applicants are automatically considered for Global Excellence Awards, which cover either the full difference or half the difference between resident and non-resident tuition rates. Awards are competitive; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Contact the Office of Admissions at 612-625-2008 or 1-800-752-1000 to ensure all necessary components of the application for admission and scholarship are received by the appropriate deadlines.
For information on Tuition, Fees, and the Cost of Attendance, visit the Office of Admissions.