Views from the U: The Political Science of Election 2022
200 Oak Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
The Department of Political Science presents: Views from the U: The Political Science of Election 2022. UMN political science experts answer your questions on modern politics - like how partisanship and polarization are affecting vote choice; how this midterm election might be different than those in the past, both in Minnesota and the nation in general; the Supreme Court and the midterm; and much more!
Presenters (In Order of Speaking)
- Michael D. Minta: "Changing Demographics and the 2022 Midterm Elections"
- Kathryn Pearson: "Partisan Tides and the 2022 Midterm Elections in Minnesota"
- C. Daniel Myers: "Election Fundamentals and Minnesota's Shifting Party Coalitions"
- Timothy R. Johnson: "The Supreme Court and the Midterm"
- David J. Samuels: "The Future of Democracy: An International Perspective"
- John Coleman, Dean of the College of Liberal Arts
With welcome from Andrew Karch, Chair of the Department of Political Science