Non-degree Graduate Credit

It is possible to take courses on a post-baccalaureate degree basis as a non-degree seeking student. This route does not guarantee future admission to the PhD program. However, it is an appropriate means to receive graduate credit for professional advancement.

Some graduate-level courses may not transfer to a degree program. Consult with the graduate program that you are seeking admission to to find out if the courses will transfer. Please note that the University of Minnesota Graduate School allows up to 12 credits of a PhD program to be taken as transfer credits, including non-degree seeking credits.

The coordinator of graduate admissions and student services is authorized to sign the Registration Request for Graduate Credit form. See more information about non-degree seeking students and contact with any unanswered questions.