You are here


Schedule an appointment:

Bill Solheim
Undergraduate Advisor
16 Johnston Hall

Please call or email for an

You are encouraged to declare a major or minor with the Department of Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences early in your course of study at the U of M. You should meet with the undergraduate advisor to declare your major or minor and formulate a degree plan.


To graduate with honors, you must be admitted to the University Honors Program (UHP) and must meet the honors graduation requirements. The SLHS major has fewer students than some other majors, so honors sections for classes are not offered frequently. Nonetheless, there are many honors opportunities for you in the SLHS major. Learn more about the UHP.