Scholarships & Grants
Scholarships in CLA
The Department of Speech-Language-Hearing Science is part of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA), which administers a number of scholarships specifically for CLA students: incoming freshmen, continuing students, and transfer students.
SLHS undergraduate students have recently been awarded the following scholarships:
- CLA Dean's Freshman Research and Creative Scholars Award
- Selmer Birkelo Scholarship
- CLA scholarships and aid
University of Minnesota Scholarships
Incoming freshmen are automatically considered for all of the scholarships that the University of Minnesota administers. One scholarship, the Betty L. & Sidney L. Brown, & Shelley Brown Brundage Scholarship for incoming freshmen reflects the generous support of a graduate from our department, Dr. Shelley B. Brundage, and her family.
Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) supports research or creative projects undertaken in partnership with a faculty member. Financial awards of up to $1,500 are offered twice a year to full-time undergraduates. These grants provide students an excellent opportunity to receive a stipend for work on a research project of their own design.
- Eligibility: You must be a declared SLHS major, in good academic standing, and conducting research or a creative project in partnership with a faculty member.
- Apply: Visit the UROP website or stop by their office at 511 Bruininks Hall for more information.
- Deadline: Visit the UROP website for details about upcoming deadlines.