Transfer Course Evaluation Process

If you have a course from another institution that is not automatically counting within your statistics major or minor, the course must be re-evaluated. If you attended an institution in the United States and want to see whether the course has already been approved as equivalent to a course at the University of Minnesota, this information can be found in Transferology.

For courses that need to be evaluated, we require a syllabus (in English) that provides information about the course you completed. A syllabus is a detailed document that explains what was taught in the course. It is not the same as your transcript or a course description.

How to submit transfer courses for review

Go to the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) website and follow the step by step directions. Please read all materials on the TES site closely to ensure your re-evaluation is processed correctly. Course syllabi can be submitted under "Submitting a Course For Review."