Meet with an Advisor
Meet with your CLA advisor.
Not sure who you need to talk to?
Contact Student Services.
Schedule an Appointment
Make an appointment with your CLA advisor to discuss:
- Your courses for next semester
- Changes to your academic plan (for example, adding or dropping a major or minor)
- Your academic progress, as required for athletes and ROTC
- Long-term/graduation planning
- Academic probation or suspension
- Returning to the U after more than a semester away
- Forms regarding academic status or any other type of certification, including OPT or CPT
Students who are currently enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts are welcome to utilize our drop-in advising hours in their assigned advising offices. Drop-in advising is limited to a 5 to 10 minute session. Examples of issues for drop-in advising include:
- Concern about a current class
- Quick questions about academic requirements
- Review of class schedule, but not long-term planning
- APAS questions
- Campus referrals
- One-time-only withdrawals
- College or University academic policies
Questions Not Handled by Advising
- Financial Aid – Contact One Stop with questions about financial aid or account holds.
- Departmental (OX or OZ) Holds – OX or OZ holds are placed by your major/minor departments and cannot be removed by your CLA/college advisor.
- Major Declaration (MDR) Holds – If you have an MDR hold, contact your department to declare. Once we have record of that declaration, the hold will be removed.
- Housing and Residential Life – For information about living on campus or off campus, call 612-624-2994 or visit the Housing and Residential Life website.
- CLA Career Services – For career-specific questions, internships, or job-seeking help, please visit their office in 411 Bruininks Hall (formerly STSS) or visit online.