Degree Planning Assistance
Advisors are in CLA to help you connect to resources on campus, plan your degree program with opportunities in and out of the classroom, and achieve your goals from orientation to graduation.
Meeting with a CLA Advisor
CLA Advisors are available in-person and remotely to help you with:
• Your courses for next semester, as well as long-term/graduation planning
• Changes to your academic plan (for example, adding or dropping a major or minor)
• Your academic progress, as required for athletes and ROTC
• Academic probation or suspension
• Returning to the U after more than a semester away
• Forms regarding academic status or any other type of certification, including OPT or CPT
You can also use our drop-in services for help with:
• Concern about a current class, or quick questions about academic requirements
• Review of class schedule, but not long-term planning
• APAS questions
• Campus referrals
• One-time-only withdrawals
• College or University academic policies
Advising for Your Major or Minor
Want to declare your major/minor? Contact your departmental advisor. Your departmental advisor is your specialist in your major and/or minor programs.
New to CLA? Meet Your CLA Advisor at Orientation
If you have been admitted to CLA as an incoming freshman or a transfer student, you will get started with your CLA Advisor during Orientation to register for classes.
CLA Student Services Office
The CLA Student Services office staff are here to help you answer questions about where to go for what service in the college or at the University.
Not sure who to talk to or what form to fill out? We're a good place to start!
Our office is located in 16 Johnston Hall.