President's Emerging Scholars Program
Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.
CLA - President's Emerging Scholars
2 Appleby Hall
128 Pleasant St. S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
President's Emerging Scholars (PES) is an advising community within the College of Liberal Arts that provides personalized, holistic, and culturally competent advising that advances academic excellence, campus engagement, and professional development for students placed in our program by the Office of Admissions.
- Low-student-to-advisor ratio
- Peer mentoring
- First-year learning communities
- Computer lab
- Reserved seats in high-demand courses
- Educational and professional development workshops
- A free 5-day Summer Seminar in June for incoming first year students
- Scholarships - Students who meet all program requirements are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship in their first year and a $1,000 scholarship in their fourth year.
Monday through Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm
After Hours Drop-in Advising
Monday through Thursday
4:30pm - 5:30pm
Appleby Hall, room 33
After hours drop-in advising is available to all CLA students during fall and spring semesters. It is not available during finals weeks, breaks, or summer.
Regardless of your CLA Student Community assignment, during after hours drop-in advisingyou can meet with an academic advisor to:
- Ask a basic question about requirements, policies, and deadlines
- Get information about other University resources and services
- Book an appointment with your assigned advisor