President's Emerging Scholars Program
The CLA President's Emerging Scholars Program is ready to serve students virtually. You may book an appointment with your assigned advisor here (z.umn.edu/claappt) and e-mail us with any questions or concerns and we will respond as soon as possible (email@example.com). Our office space will be closed.
Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.
CLA - President's Emerging Scholars
2 Appleby Hall
128 Pleasant St. S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
President's Emerging Scholars (PES) is an advising community within the College of Liberal Arts that provides personalized, holistic, and culturally competent advising that advances academic excellence, campus engagement, and professional development for students placed in our program by the Office of Admissions.
- Low-student-to-advisor ratio
- Peer mentoring
- First-year learning communities
- Computer lab
- Reserved seats in high-demand courses
- Educational and professional development workshops
- A free 5-day Summer Seminar in June for incoming first year students
- Scholarships - Students who meet all program requirements are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship in their first year and a $1,000 scholarship in their fourth year.
Monday through Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm