As a currently enrolled College of Liberal Arts student, you are welcome to use in-person or virtual drop-in advising. In-person and virtual drop-in advising is limited to 5–10 minutes.
Examples of issues you can talk to an advisor about in virtual drop-in advising
- Concern about a current class
- Quick questions about academic requirements
- Review of class schedule, but not long-term planning
- APAS questions
- Campus referrals
- One-time-only withdrawals
- College or University academic policies
How to Access Drop-Ins
No appointment is needed. You should attend in-person drop-in advising in the same advising office as your assigned academic advisor. (Visit the Advisor Locations guide and look up your advisor if you don't know which advising office your assigned advisor is in. If you don't know who your assigned academic advisor is, contact the CLA Student Services office by phone at 612-625-2020 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Johnston Hall Drop-in Advising
- In-person drop-in advising hours are: Monday 12pm-2pm, Tuesday 10am-2pm, Wednesday 10:30am-2pm, Thursday 10am-2pm and closed on Friday.
- You must check in at least 15 minutes before drop-in hours end. February 29th all drop in's are closed for the Tate Advising Conference.
Virtual drop-in advising is Monday - Friday 12pm-4pm in the drop-in advising Zoom room. February 29th all drop in's are closed for the Tate Advising Conference.
- You must check in at least 15 minutes before drop-in hours end.
Your University of Minnesota username and password and you must be signed in to your Zoom account. (View the Zoom Desktop or Mobile App installation instructions).
Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drop-in Advising
President's Emerging Scholars Drop-in Advising
Contact us for in-person and virtual drop-in hours.