Scholarships & Awards
The Department of Anthropology offers Undergraduate Research Awards to help fund research-related expenses specifically associated with the undergraduate anthropology major. The competition for the Undergraduate Research Awards is usually held in the spring every year.
schools in the US, the UK, and Kenya, as well
as training in techniques like X-ray-computed
The department also offers several undergraduate prizes for outstanding research papers and contributions to student life:
- the Neil C. Tappen Prize for best research paper in biological anthropology
- the Eldon Johnson Prize for the best research paper in archaeology
- the Robert F. Spencer Prize for the best research paper in sociocultural anthropology
Each year, the department also awards the Eugene Ogan Prize to students who have provided outstanding service to the undergraduate anthropology community.
Scholarships in CLA
Students who are participating in unpaid internships are encouraged to apply for the CLA Undergraduate Internship Scholarship. These are $1,500 internship scholarships that are specifically designated for CLA undergraduate students who are currently working unpaid internships.
University of Minnesota Honors Program Scholarships
The University of Minnesota Honors Program offers several scholarships including:
- the Harry S. Truman Scholarship for students interested in pursuing a career in public service
- the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship for students interested in pursuing a research-oriented career in math, science, or engineering
- the Morris K. Udall Scholarship for students interested in careers related to the environment