Applications are currently closed.
Emerging Artist Exhibition Program
About the Program
The Emerging Artist Exhibition Program is an opportunity for emerging artists in Minnesota to participate in solo or group exhibitions at the Quarter Gallery. The purpose of the exhibition series is to provide artists with opportunities to exhibit their work, broaden connections with other artists, and gain wider exposure to the arts community in the Twin Cities. The exhibition series seeks to support a diverse range of artistic practices within the visual arts. Participants will be selected by a panel comprised of Department of Art faculty along with a member of the broader arts community.
About the Gallery
The Quarter Gallery is located in Regis Center for Art (East) on the University of Minnesota’s West Bank Campus at 405 21st Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55455. The 2,000 square foot space presents work by faculty and students, as well as offering exhibition opportunities for national and international artists. The gallery is open Tuesday-Saturday (11:00 am -7:00 pm). Exhibitions and related events are free and open to the public.
- Applicant may not be a current degree-seeking student
- Applicant may apply as an individual, a collaborative team, or a group
For consideration, please submit the following materials to email@example.com with the subject “RCA Emerging Artist Exhibition Program”
- Six to Ten JPGs of recent work, and/or a 5-minute video
- One page maximum CV
- One page maximum artist statement
- Half-page maximum project proposal (optional)
- Artists are responsible for shipping/delivery of installation-ready artwork
- The Quarter Gallery does not have gallery attendants or a security system
- The University of Minnesota is not liable for damage, theft, or loss of artworks in the Quarter Gallery
- There may be restrictions based on fire code, staffing, and University regulations
For Questions about the application process or the series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org