Lower Division Language Programs
C. Brian Barnett
Director of Language Instruction in French
Upper Division Majors and Minors
The French & Italian advisor will meet with prospective and current students to discuss their fit in the program. Students should meet with their advisor at least once a year to ensure they are making timely progress toward degree completion.
French Studies Advising
To schedule an appointment, please choose one of two options listed below:
Using your UMN email account, login to the online calendar.
- Before using Google Calendar appointment slots, please make sure that your Google Calendar is set to Central Time (do this by accessing Google Calendar settings; the time zone there is not necessarily the same as the time zone to which your computer is set). Otherwise, the appointment slots will show at the wrong times.
- Do not schedule yourself for more than one appointment slot at a time (unless you have received prior permission from the advisor).
- Do not attempt to use Google Calendar to schedule an appointment outside of official office hours. If you absolutely cannot make an appointment during office hours, then please email email@example.com to inquire about availability.
- If you discover that you cannot attend an appointment you have scheduled, please cancel it ASAP, as a courtesy to the advisors and to other students who might be able to use the appointment slot.
Call 612-624-4308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Reason for your appointment
- Whether you are a French major, minor, or undeclared student
- Two proposed appointment times of 30 minutes on different days of the week
Italian Studies Advising
Students interested in declaring or learning more about the major or minor in Italian Studies or learning about study abroad in Italy are welcome to schedule an appointment with Susan Noakes, director of Italian undergraduate Studies.
For advising outside of the French & Italian program(college and liberal education requirements, transfer credits, and other APAS issues), see your CLA advisor.