Equipment Checkout & Reservation Policies
Equipment can be reserved online at z.umn.edu/LCPP (Language Center Patron Portal)
- Reservation requests are accepted through z.umn.edu/LCPP on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservations are recommended, but not required. Equipment is also available on a walk-in basis when it is available.
- Reservations are not confirmed until approved by an LC staff member.
- Instructors and graduate instructors may take equipment offsite and keep the equipment overnight when required. Undergraduate students must use the equipment in Jones Hall (no overnight checkouts permitted).
- Because equipment supplies are limited, we request that checkouts be kept to the minimum time required by the user to use it for the required purpose. This may require multiple short checkouts and returns, rather than one long checkout. Other restrictions on frequency or duration may apply.
- Equipment will not be delivered, and must be picked up and returned to Jones 110 during business hours.
- Attention to return times is critical, and overdue notices will be sent automatically until overdue equipment is returned. Additional action may also be taken including, but not limited to, a revocation of checkout privileges.
- Email email@example.com or come to Jones 110 if you require equipment that is not listed on the Patron Portal or have questions about the best equipment for your particular situation.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or come to Jones 110 immediately if equipment is lost or damaged or does not seem to be working properly.