Graduate Minor in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences, Speech-Language Pathology
Special Application Requirements
Students interested in the minor are strongly encouraged to confer with their major field advisor and director of graduate studies, and the Translational Sensory Sciences director of graduate studies regarding feasibility and requirements.
Use of 4xxx courses toward program requirements is permitted under certain conditions with adviser approval.
Coursework offered on both the A-F and S/N grading basis must be taken A-F, with a minimum grade of C+ earned for each course.
Required Courses (5 credits)
Take the following courses:
- GCC 5022 - The Human Experience of Sensory Loss: Seeking Equitable and Effective Solutions [TS] (3.0 cr)
- CGSC 8410 - Perspectives in Learning, Perception, and Cognition (2.0 cr)
Electives (7 credits)
Select 7 credits from the following, in consultation with the Translational Sensory Sciences director of graduate studies, to complete the 12-credit minimum. Other courses may be applied to this requirement with the approval of the Translational Sensory Sciences director of graduate studies.
- BMEN 5413 - Neural Decoding and Interfacing (3.0 cr)
- BMEN 8101 - Biomedical Digital Signal Processing (3.0 cr)
- CSCI 5115 - User Interface Design, Implementation and Evaluation (3.0 cr)
- CSCI 5521 - Machine Learning Fundamentals (3.0 cr)
- CSCI 5525 - Machine Learning: Analysis and Methods (3.0 cr)
- CSCI 5561 - Computer Vision (3.0 cr)
- CSCI 5619 - Virtual Reality and 3D Interaction (3.0 cr)
- CSCI 5801 - Software Engineering I (3.0 cr)
- KIN 5941 - Clinical Movement Neuroscience (3.0 cr)
- KIN 8211 - Seminar: Perception and Action (3.0 cr)
- OTOL 8234 - Anatomy of the Head and Neck and Temporal Bone Dissection (2.0 cr)
- PSY 5031W - Perception [WI] (3.0 cr)
- PSY 5038W - Introduction to Neural Networks [WI] (3.0 cr)
- PSY 5065 - Functional Imaging: Hands-on Training (3.0 cr)
- PSY 8041 - Proseminar in Perception (3.0 cr)
- SLHS 5804 - Cochlear Implants (3.0 cr)
- SLHS 5807 - Noise and Hearing Conservation (3.0 cr)
- SLHS 5808 - Pathophysiology of Hearing Disorders (3.0 cr)
Director of Graduate Studies (DGS)