Faculty by Research Specialty
In making diversity a core value, the University of Minnesota recognizes that its campuses flourish only when all students, staff, faculty and external supporters have a community in which to grow and thrive. The Department of Sociology faculty members represent a broad spectrum of the discipline with their diverse interests.
Choose an area of interest below to view the list of associated faculty. You can also review our recent Faculty Publications and our Faculty Research Brochure to learn more about faculty members and their areas of interest.
Learn more about sociology's
- Demography & Population Studies
- Global, Transnational, & Comparative Sociology
- Inequalities & Identities: Race, Gender, Sexuality, Class, Religion, & Nation
- Law, Crime, Punishment, & Social Control
- Life Course: Family, Education, & Well-being
- Theory, Knowledge, & Culture
- Work, Organizations, & Networks