Meet Online with an Advisor
Meet virtually with your CLA advisor.
Not sure who you need to talk to?
Contact Student Services.
Schedule a Virtual Appointment
Make a virtual appointment with your CLA advisor to discuss:
- Your courses for next semester
- Changes to your academic plan (for example, adding or dropping a major or minor)
- Your academic progress, as required for athletes and ROTC
- Long-term/graduation planning
- Academic probation or suspension
- Returning to the U after more than a semester away
- Forms regarding academic status or any other type of certification, including OPT or CPT
As a currently enrolled College of Liberal Arts student, you are welcome to use virtual drop-in advising. Virtual drop-in advising is limited to a 5 to 10 minute session. Examples of issues you can talk to an advisor about in virtual drop-in advising include:
- Concern about a current class
- Quick questions about academic requirements
- Review of class schedule, but not long-term planning
- APAS questions
- Campus referrals
- One-time-only withdrawals
- College or University academic policies
You should attend virtual drop-in advising in the same advising office as your assigned academic advisor. Link to the Advisor Locations guide and look up your advisor if you don't know which advising office your assigned advisor is in. Don't know who your assigned academic advisor is, contact the CLA Student Services office by phone at 612-625-2020 or by email at email@example.com
*Must be checked in at least 15 minutes prior to the end of drop-in hours; summer hours and break time hours will vary.
Where to Get Answers to Your Questions About:
- Financial Aid – Contact One Stop with questions about financial aid or account holds.
- Major Declaration (MDR) Holds – Contact your major department to declare if you have an MDR Hold. Once we have record of that declaration, the hold will be removed.
- Major/Minor Departmental (OX or OZ) Holds – Contact your major/minor departments. OX or OZ holds are placed by your major/minor department and cannot be removed by your CLA/college advisor.
- Housing On or Off Campus – Call 612-624-2994 or visit the Housing and Residential Life website for information about living on campus or off campus,
- Internships, Job-seeking Help, Career Information – Go online to CLA Career Services, or contact them by phone at 612-624-7577.