The University offers an incredible variety of groups that students have created around common interests, hobbies, professional goals, religious affiliations. You might even want to organize one yourself.
Plus, you can build real-world skills and gain tangible experience that you can use: leadership, project management, event planning, communication, advertising, just to name a few.
Below you’ll find a list of student groups that are affiliated with the College of Liberal Arts. It gives you an idea of how some CLA students take their education beyond the classroom.
CLA Student Groups
- Anthropology Club
- Child Psychology Student Organization
- Classics Club
- College of Liberal Arts Student Ambassadors
- College of Liberal Arts Student Board
- Economic Student Organization
- GIS (Geographic Information Science) Student Organization
- Minnesota Urban Studies Student Association
- Music Therapy Student Association
- National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association (NSSLHA)
- Physiology Society (UPS)
- Psi Chi/Psychology Club
- Public Relations Student Society of America
- Student Dance Coalition
- The Tower: University of Minnesota's literary magazine
For more, University-wide groups see the Student Groups page.