Individualized Degree Programs
16 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant Street SE Minneapolis, MN 55455
8:00am-4:30pm, M-F (except University holidays)
The bachelor of individualized study (BIS) and the individually designed interdepartmental major (IDIM) are for College of Liberal Arts students who want to tailor their educational programs to their own interests and goals.
- The bachelor of individualized studies (BIS) is a degree program in which you combine three areas of concentration rather than have a major. One concentration may be from another University of MInnesota college (non-College of Liberal Arts), and the concentrations may be unrelated to each other.
- An individually designed interdepartmental major (IDIM) (for a bachelor of arts degree) enables you to focus on a unifying theme by combining courses from three or more CLA departments.
You must submit a full draft and course list and meet with an advisor to discuss them before you can submit a proposal. Upcoming deadlines are:
- Meet with an adviser to go over a draft of your proposal and course worksheet: September 25, 2015
- Final submission deadine: September 28, 2015. (the following final submission deadline is February 15, 2016.)
- You cannot submit a proposal if you haven't met with an adviser to go over a draft first. You are strongly encouraged to submit drafts and meet with an advisor well before the deadlines as a successful proposal often requires more than one revision.