Applying to the U


Students who apply to and are accepted to the College of Liberal Arts can declare a BA in art. There is no additional portfolio requirement for incoming freshmen or transfer students. 

Currently, only already enrolled students (current art majors) can apply for the BFA Program. See more information about how to apply to the University of Minnesota, including admissions deadlines, application checklists, FAQs, and campus visit information. 

Transferring from another institution? See more information for transfer students.