In CLA, we believe that you need to engage in planning for life after college--by taking the necessary steps to explore possible careers, gain meaningful experience, and build skills that help you excel after college and lead to employment or other successful post-graduation outcomes.
Get Career Help Now
Our physical office is closed, but our team is ready to assist you virtually. Current CLA students and alumni (up to one year after graduation) can connect with someone live using chat, video, or voice via Zoom, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST, CST during the semester and finals, and Monday - Friday: 12:00-4:30 p.m. CST during winter and summer break at z.umn.edu/clacareerdropins. Additionally, you can get started on your own now with customized next steps using MyCareerManagement.
For other assistance call (612) 624-7577 or email email@example.com.
Peer Advisor drop-in hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST during the semester and finals, and Monday - Friday: 12:00-4:30 p.m. CST during winter and summer break. No appointment needed, simply go to z.umn.edu/clacareerdropins, where you’ll fill out a brief intake form. You’ll then get connected to a CLA Career Services peer advisor who will assist you via Zoom. On Zoom you can write out your question using the chat box or connect through video or voice. Drop-ins typically last 10-15 minutes, and provide on-demand support with:
- Questions about our office and services
- Resume/cover letter review*
- Job & Internship search help using GoldPASS powered by Handshake
- Career exploration guidance
- Practice with Career Fair and networking introductions (your "elevator pitch")
- And more! Drop-ins are a great place to start for any career question!
*Another option besides doing a virtual, live drop-in for a resume or cover letter review is to follow this link and submit your career documents. Within three business days, you will receive customized feedback from a CLA Career Services Peer Advisor. Email ---firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this process.
- Schedule a 30 minute virtual appointment with a career counselor by visiting: clacareer.appointments.umn.edu. Learn more about virtual career counseling appointments here.
Get Started On Your Own
- Find on-demand help through our YouTube video library
- Download our Career Readiness Guide and other career-related worksheets and handouts to take action
- Sign up for one or more of our CLA Career Field Updates
- Search for jobs & internships, find employer contacts, and sign up for career events at GoldPASS powered by Handshake.
I want to:
- Learn about how my major connects with careers.
- Figure out the next best step for my career management.
- Write a better resume.
- Find an internship.
- Explore careers by CLA Career Field.
- Watch a video to get info on a career topic.
- Get help with career exploration for my graduate degree
- Find a job.
- Learn how CLA's career classes can prepare me for success.
- Get ready to apply to graduate school.
- Request a group workshop or presentation for my CLA-affiliated or campus-wide student group