The English department offers a wide variety of undergraduate courses under two course designators:
- EngL (for Literature courses)
- EngW (for Creative Writing courses)
Whether you’re looking for a large Shakespeare lecture or a small poetry-writing seminar, we work hard to offer high-quality courses on compelling subjects at convenient times so you can graduate in a timely manner. We offer hundreds of courses each year to help you:
- Fulfill your requirements for the English major, English minor, or creative writing minor
- Fulfill your requirements for another degree program, such as the University Honors Program
- Fulfill your liberal education (LE) and writing intensive (WI) requirements
- Take electives that interest you, including freshman seminars and seminars abroad
Our faculty and staff are committed to providing you with an outstanding education, which includes fair and equitable treatment, access to your instructor outside of class, and prompt and useful feedback on your work.
For more information about English classes, see the link above to the course guides.