Aron M. Blankenburg Memorial Scholarship
About the Award
How to Apply
Applications for the Blankenburg Memorial Scholarship are not currently open for the upcoming year. The deadline is announced here and through our undergraduate listservs.
Email the following required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, and have the instructor submit the letter of recommendation by email directly to email@example.com. For further information, contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies for French and Italian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download and complete the application form.
- An unofficial transcript.
- An application essay describing your previous engagement with Italian Studies and what receiving this scholarship would make possible for you as you continue your academic career.
- Verification by the University of financial need.
- A letter of recommendation from an instructor of Italian. The letter should come from that instructor who is best able to assess your academic and intellectual capabilities. If possible, the writer should be an instructor of an upper division course (3xxx) in Italian that you have recently taken; if you have not yet taken 3000-level courses, ideally the letter would be from a current or very recent instructor. Please request your letter as soon as possible. The instructor should submit the letter directly to the Department office at email@example.com.