Major & Minor Credits

Courses that have been previously evaluated by admissions as direct equivalents to the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities can be found at the transfer equivalency site,

If the course does not have a listed direct equivalent, you must connect with the individual CLA department to determine if any transfer courses may be applied to the major. In most cases, you will required to provide syllabi and coursework to the departmental adviser to see if courses will transfer for the major.

Note: Departments have residency requirements limiting the number of transfer credits that will be accepted for the major. For more information visit the departmental website or University Catalog.

Some CLA majors require math and/or science courses as prerequisites. To see if your previous science or math courses have been evaluated to meet University of Minnesota, Twin Cities courses, check the College of Science and Engineering Course Equivalency Guides.