Major & Minor Credits

Courses that have been previously evaluated by admissions as direct equivalents to the University of Minnesota Twin Cities (UMTC) can be found in Transferology. If this is your first time using Transferology you will be asked to create a free account. Find out how to use Transferology to determine how your completed or in-progress coursework will transfer.

If the course does not have a listed direct equivalent, you can submit a course syllabus for review by the department using the Office of Admissions Course Evaluation process. You can also contact the individual CLA department to determine if specific transfer courses may be applied to the major.

Note: Departments have residency requirements limiting the number of transfer credits that will be accepted for the major. For more information visit the departmental website or University Catalog.

Some CLA majors require math and/or science courses as prerequisites. To see if your previous science or math courses have been evaluated to meet UMTC courses, check the College of Science and Engineering Technical Course Equivalencies.