Outside Transfer Students

Students transferring from outside of the University of Minnesota system must complete the Transfer Application for Admission, which is available through the Office of Admissions. For more information about CLA admissions requirements and application deadlines, visit the Office of Admissions website.

Majors with Additional Admissions Requirements

Some CLA majors/minors require that you complete certain prerequisites before declaring the major or minor. For information on additional requirements needed to declare the major/minor, visit the specific departmental website and the University Catalog.

Programs that require specific GPA minimums and/or an additional application process for entry into the major:

Programs that require an audition or portfolio review for entry into the major:

For more information about the CLA transfer process after admission, visit the CLA Orientation website.

Enrollment Minimum
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities undergraduate students must pay a flat tuition rate based on 13 credits, regardless of credit load. If a student intends to complete less than 13 credits, the student may request exemption from this 13 credit flat tuition rate. For more information on this policy or to submit an online 13-Credit Exemption Request, visit the 13-Credit Policy page on the OneStop Student Services website.