U of M Transfer Students

Applying to CLA

To transfer to the College of Liberal Arts from a U of M System Campus (Crookston, Duluth, or Morris), students must apply via the Office of Admissions. Students transferring to U of M Twin Cities must meet the admission requirements of CLA. For more information about CLA admissions requirements visit the Office of Admissions.

Majors Requiring Additional Qualifications

Some CLA majors/minors require that you complete certain prerequisites before declaring the major or minor. For information on additional requirements needed to declare the major/minor, visit the specific departmental website and the University Catalog.

Programs that require specific GPA minimums and/or an additional application process for entry into the major:

Programs that require an audition or portfolio review for entry into the major:

For more information about the CLA transfer process after admission, visit the CLA Orientation website.