Philosophy Undergraduate Journal
We are a student-run philosophy journal at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Spring of 2020 we will be publishing our third edition of Epistemai, an Undergraduate Philosophy Journal with a focus on short, original, philosophical work done by undergraduates from universities across the country.
We believe that many undergraduates do their best work in shorter papers, which get assigned for most classwork. By focusing on these papers, we not only will have access to some of the students’ best work, but also a wider range of writers than just those who produce long thesis-type work.
We will be accepting papers from two categories:
- Short paper category: This is intended for short papers, which center on one original philosophical argument. These papers will be 3,000 words or less.
- Longer paper category: This is intended for longer papers; term papers or senior theses between 3,000 and 10,000 words.
Criteria for papers
- Must be written by an undergraduate
- Papers with original and concise philosophical work will be most successful
- We will consider papers from both the long and short categories, but shorter papers are preferred
Submit work electronically by February 1, 2020, at the latest to email@example.com. Please include:
- your name
- your email
- your undergraduate institution name.
Papers will be selected by early spring. If your paper has not been selected, you will be notified at that time. If your paper is selected, we will contact you about edits.